Thursday, June 3, 2010

Prelim buyrates for UFC 114 over 900,000.

Dave Meltzer, on Observer Radio, has reported that the early numbers, for UFC 114, suggest a buy rate of 925,000.

That is a little higher than I thought (I was thinking 825-850), but the Prime Time series did great numbers and I think this drew more than usual from the African-American community. I went to Champps in St. Paul and while it was an ave crowd for the first part of the show, it was easily the biggest UFC crowd by the time the main event started. The main event crowd was 25-30% of the final audience. That is more than I have seen before.

This number is higher than many onliners were speculating. MMAPayout and Tapology both predicted a buy rate of around 700,000.

I think 700k would have been the lowest pos this could do and still be success. 800k would be a strong number and 900 has to been seen as a big success. I can't help but wonder what it would have done if this fight took place at UFC 107.


It is worth pointing out that these early numbers can be off by 10-15%. But even so, the worst case would still be around 800,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment